Adamawa State University, Mubi–Nigeria has established a Foundation in the United States of America known as ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION INC. It is a not-for-profit Organization with founds and Programmes Managed by Trustees established to maintain the University’s triple mandate of Teaching, Research and Community Services.
The Foundation is registered under the U.S Federal Laws. It has a Public Charity Status 170(b)(1)(iv) with a Tax Exempt status determined by the Federal Inland Revenue Services of the U.S Department of Treasury under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation has a DLN 17053019318041 with an accounting period ending on the 31st of December each year.
The Adamawa State University Foundation Inc. is domiciled at 15657 WILLOW DR. Fontana, CA 92337.
APRIL D. GARRET
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Governing Council of Adamawa State University, Mubi established under the Adamawa State University Law NO. 10 of 2001 will serve as the Board of the Trustees of the Foundation.
1. To raise fund in support of the University’s Educational and Community Services activities
2. To initiate programmers related to fund raising activities for the benefit of the University
3. To support the University’s overall growth and development
4. To support entrepreneurial and self-employment objectives of the University’s curriculum and Student development
5. To improve the University’s international support and linkage
6. To undertake activities that are incidental or consequential to the furtherance of the University’s objectives as defined by the law establishing the institution.
The work of the foundation will be carried out by the University Staff and such other specialists as may be determined by the University or the contact person, April D. garret. All grant of money will be used for specific project related to the functions of the university as specified in the law. Donors may as well state specific areas of activity to be carried out by their grant provided it falls within the areas of competence of the university or where it has capacity to attract relevant human and material resources.